Our TMT department has a longstanding niche practice in the TMT sector advising on complex commercial matters, including, inter alia, drafting, negotiating and litigating IT-related contracts, advising on intellectual property, data protection, on-line services and electronic publishing matters, providing assistance in regulatory matters, commercial and interconnection agreements, contracts for the procurement and supply of equipment, software and hardware licenses, advising on standard terms and conditions for the provision of telecom services to end users, providing advice on data security, privacy related dispute resolution, rights acquisition and distribution of content, advising on media & advertising, copy clearance, branding, copyright and design issues, advising on the regulatory framework and licensing procedure of gaming operations, including online gaming, licensing of casinos, VLTs, etc.
The department advises domestic and international clients, including multinational and listed companies, telecom operators, suppliers, service providers, satellite operators, content providers and broadcasters, as well as major players in the casino and gaming industries, gaming organisations and gaming vendors.
- We advised MERCEDES-BENZ HELLAS on a series of TMT matters, including marketing, media and advertising compliance, permissible and prohibited commercial practices and unfair competition.
- We advised VIVODI TELECOM and ON TELECOMS (former major Greek telecommunications providers) on regulatory, data protection, IT, contractual, litigation, corporate, IP and other matters.
- We acted for VOICEWEB, the leading player of voice software solutions in Greece, with respect to an indemnity matter arising out of a services contract concluded with VODACOM Tanzania in the context of a SMS promotional campaign.
- We advised a Maltese leading gaming company with respect to the drafting of a marketing and promotion services agreement with a local media partner in the Greek market.
- We advised DAIMLER GmbH with respect to the legal requirements and possible restrictions of launching an online game, available to users through the facebook platform, providing winners with various prizes, including discounts on car service/sales or free test-drives.
- We advise RECKITT BENCKISER (RB) in a series of media – related matters, with respect to their TV and online campaigns in Greece, Romania and Albania.
- We assisted BLUEPOINT IT SOLUTIONS in negotiations and execution of a series of license agreements related to custom software for banks and public authorities. The case required in-depth legal knowledge on all aspects of TMT and IP law, including licensing and privacy policies.
- We advise NESTLE as the group’s exclusive legal representatives in Romania with regard to advertising and intellectual property matters for dozens of products.
- We advise BIC ROMANIA with respect to their marketing strategies and presentation of their products, as well as on strategic planning and legal action against free-riders acting in unfair competition.
- We assisted UPSTREAM, with respect to an advertising and unfair competition matter arising in connection to a content services agreement with Vivacom Bulgaria, UPSTREAM’s local partner.
- We advised FACEBOOK and WHATSAPP with respect to the net-neutrality requirements and procedures applicable under the Albanian telecommunications law.
- We assisted PALANTIR TECHNOLOGIES and DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG with regard to the legal implications of introducing a new software product for optimizing DEUTSCHE TELEKOM’s customer data.