We regularly provide expert advice to businesses on structuring and completing domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures and equity investments as well as on notifying such transactions to the relevant regulatory agencies for administrative clearance. Our M&A team devises deal structures, designs acquisition strategies and implements plans for both purchasers and potential acquisition targets at domestic and international level. We also provide advice on the formation and structure of joint ventures, ensuring the harmonious operation of businesses across multiple jurisdictions.
- We advised KIRON INTERACTIVE, an industry-leading group on online gaming products, on a series of corporate and financing matters related to its participation in a Cypriot joint venture with Vermantia Plus. Besides the review of the extensive contractual documentation executed by and between the parties on the joint venture basis, including shareholders’ agreements, as well as software licensing, gaming content and other sales agreements, the matter involved a significant cross-border element with at least four jurisdictions being involved (Malta, Cyprus, United Kingdom and South Africa) and required elaborate handling in order to best secure the client’s interests without disturbing the partnership structure.
- We advised SECURE PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT & INVESTMENT (SPDI), a Cypriot AIM-listed company, with respect to the acquisition of Credit Agricole Leasing Greece from Credit Agricole France. The seller organized an international tender through Deloitte, in which our client was short-listed along with two more prospective buyers.
- We advised an international investment group with respect to its shareholding participation in an under-formation Egyptian company, through reviewing the client’s preliminary agreements with its partners and drafting the relevant shareholders’ agreements.
- We advised YALCO, a major distributor of household goods and hotel equipment in Greece listed on the Athens Stock Exchange, with respect to the €2 million sale of its 100% Romanian subsidiary to a Cypriot purchaser, as part of its restructuring process. S
- We advised a US investor in a €3 million investment related to the purchase and operation of a real estate in Greece comprising an olive oil factory. A significant part of the deal involves the due diligence on the real estate and the owners’ corporate assets, drafting of all the necessary memoranda of understanding and sale and purchase agreements, as well as the observance of a series of corporate formalities in order to effectuate the sale and purchase of the real estate.
- We advised SWORD GROUP, an international consulting company, with respect to the €0,5 million purchase of shares in PLEFSYS, a Greek IT company. The cross-border deal spanned multiple jurisdictions, including Greece, Cyprus and Belgium and required extensive drafting of the several share sale and purchase agreements and coordination between the various jurisdictions of the parties to ensure that all applicable regulations are duly observed.
- We advised AIM-listed SECURE PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT & INVESTMENT (SPDI) with respect to their participation in a joint venture company owning several logistic assets in Romania. The €5 million deal involved drafting of all necessary documentation, including memoranda of understanding and shareholders agreement between the client and their Romanian partner, as well as extensive negotiation of key shareholders’ rights clauses, such as convertibility options, rights of first refusal, call/put options, etc., in order to ensure that our client will comply both with the regulations of all jurisdictions involved (Greece, UK, Cyprus, Romania) and with their listing terms and conditions.
- We advised UNITED MOLASSES GROUP, with respect to the acquisition of 75% of the shares in a Romanian subsidiary of a multinational company, by means of conducting legal due diligence on the target company, drafting the respective shares sale and purchase agreement and undertaking all relevant publication formalities.
- We advised ROX RIMERO with respect to a €30 million real estate sale through the sale of the total equity in a Romanian company to Germany-seated ABRIS Capital Partners equity fund and a UAE investment fund.
- We advised FRACASSO HELLAS, a road safety systems company, on the establishment of a joint venture company (JVC) in Croatia with Fracasso Croatia, by virtue of preparing a memorandum of understanding between the parties, drafting, reviewing and negotiating all shareholders’ agreements in place, as well as providing legal assistance on all matters related to the financing of the project and the proposed investment schemes into the JVC through share capital increases and shareholders’ loans.
- We advise DIMITRIA REAL ESTATE SRL on their joint venture with DAFPRIO INVESTMENT SRL for the €7 million acquisition, design, construction and sale of eight buildings in the north part of Bucharest.
- We advised AIM-listed SECURE PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT & INVESTMENT (SPDI) with respect to the corporate matters arising out of their shares sale and purchase and loan assignment agreement with a Luxembourgish seller for the total equity in a Cypriot company, owning a major real estate asset in Craiova, Romania.
- We advised TUI TRAVEL with respect to an acquisition in Rhodes island in Greece. The deal involved the acquisition of an SPV owning the “Voice of America – South Afantou” plot in Afantou area in Rhodes island from the Greek state.