Our Tax department provides direct and indirect tax advice to clients across a range of industries on complex transactions and tax planning matters, including, inter alia, advising on all tax aspects of domestic and cross-border joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions and capital restructuring, transfer pricing, real estate taxation, cross-border financing and tax planning, indirect tax and VAT tax refund, as well as corporate income and capital gains tax.
- We advised SWORD GROUP, an international consulting company, with all tax matters related to the €0,5 million purchase of shares in PLEFSYS, a Greek IT company and the appointment of a tax representative of the company in Greece. The cross-border deal spanned multiple jurisdictions, including Greece, Cyprus and Belgium and required extensive coordination between the various jurisdictions of the parties to ensure that all applicable tax regulations were duly observed.
- We advised TIMWE Portugal with respect to the liquidation/winding-up of its subsidiary in Greece.The matter required representation before the competent tax authorities, extensive expertise in order to address all corporate, accounting, tax, inventory and financial issues involved in the liquidation process as well as thorough knowledge of the applicable legal framework in order to ensure that our client would not encounter any bureaucratic barriers in a –by default– lengthy and complicated procedure.
- We assisted TURK TELECOM with respect to the issuance of a Greek VAT number and we handled on behalf of the client three administrative judicial recourse actions in a tax refund claim against the Greek State.
- We advised ARSIS GLOBAL EOOD with respect to their reorganization/restructuring project in Albania and Kosovo involving a series of employment law matters such as changes in job roles, redundancy terms and restrictions, changes to employment contracts‘ conditions and relocation of roles to different countries in South East Europe.
- We advised EUROPSYKTIKI DESIGN SA with respect to the incorporation of a new company in Albania, including but not limited to drafting the new company’s articles of association and lease agreement for its corporate seat, as well as registering the new company with the competent trade registry and tax authorities.
- We advised AIM-listed fund SECURE PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT & INVESTMENT PLC (SPDI) on a dispute against the competent tax authorities with respect to the uniform annual property tax (ENFIA) unduly levied on one of the client’s industrial real estate properties, disregarding the applicable more favorable regime for industrial real properties in terms of real estate ownership taxes.
- We advised RECKITT BENCKISER NV (RB) in the Netherlands with respect to the tax and VAT aspects arising out of a private agreement between the client and its co-packer in Greece FAMAR, regulating the export of goods outside the EU on behalf of the client (including filing the customs export declaration) on a zero-rate VAT basis.