We provide highly specialised legal services to corporate clients and government agencies in both procedural and legal matters related to public works, supplies and services, as well as Public Private Partnerships (PPPs). We are involved in negotiating and structuring PPPs Projects, advising on compliance with tender procedures and public contracts and representing clients in risk evaluation, regulatory compliance, bidding and contract performance disputes before awarding authorities and courts.
Our Public Procurement and PPPs department advises domestic and international clients, including multinational and listed companies, institutional investors, brokerage houses, major developers and investment funds on, inter alia, alternate PPPs contractual schemes, cross-border regulatory and legal frameworks, contract reviewing, counseling and negotiations, multimillion international project deals and project development structures.
- We advised TUI TRAVEL PLC on a €15,2 million real estate acquisition in Rhodes island in Greece. The deal involved the acquisition of the “Voice of America – South Afantou” plot in Afantou area in Rhodes island from the Greek State. According to The Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (TAIPED) which organized the tender, the Afantou project is one of the largest development projects in Greece, given that the total investment is expected to exceed €300million.
- We assisted PIMARA in all aspects related to the development of the island of Oxia, a much-publicized project related to the EMIR OF QATAR.
- We represented INTRACOM in its successful participation in numerous public procurement procedures of an aggregate of over €9 million and subsequently handled negotiations with the Romanian State and assisted in the finalization and execution of the relevant procurement contracts.
- We represented and assisted EMILIANO VEST in negotiations proceedings with the municipalities on the west part of Romania and advised the client on all PPP and relevant tender procedures with respect to the construction and reconstruction of roads and public interest buildings. The matter required careful structure in order to ensure that our client’s interests would be best secured throughout negotiations with the public sector.
- We advised SOFT BUSINESS UNION in a public procurement matter with the Ministry of Labor with respect to the implementation of the European Professional Card 1 and the European Professional Card 2 in Romania.The matter required thorough knowledge on public procurement and high negotiations skills in order to ensure the implementation of the project through securing the required national and EU funds, as well as extensive negotiations with all subcontracts and IP rights holders involved.
- We advised a ROMANIAN GROUP OF COMPANIES (EMILIANO VEST, CONCORDIA CON-STRADE, VERTA TEL) with respect to tender proceedings, contract negotiations and works commencement for the renewal of the public water supply for the city of Otelul Rosu. The deal involved sophisticated and stage-by-stage negotiations with the utilities suppliers as well as with the local authorities.
- We advised ROMSILVA, the Romanian National Forest Company, in relation to public procurement matters.
- We represented CUSTOSOLAR in its PPP agreement with a Municipality in Brasov for the production of electricity from a photovoltaic park, a €30 million investment and provided ongoing legal assistance with respect to the project’s licensing and authorization requirements.
- We acted for ICME ECAB, the largest producer of electric, telecommunications and fiber optic cables in Romania, providing ongoing support for the company’s dealings with the Romanian State and assisting in its application to obtain Community funds and successfully participate in a series of domestic and international public tenders.
- We advised the Albanian branch of INTRAKAT on different legal matters related to its participation in one of the most coveted projects in Albania, the Vlora Waterfront Project. The Vlora Waterfront Project is one of the most important projects for the Albanian Government in relation to the development of Albanian tourism, for which an international tender was organized and, therefore, careful structuring and elaborate handling was required.