Our Real Estate department has a proven and outstanding track record advising on domestic and international real estate transactions, including, inter alia, real estate acquisition, leasing and portfolio management, project development and project financing, facility management and real estate financing.
Our Real Estate team devises deal structures, designs real estate acquisition strategies and implements elaborate management, construction and financing plans providing high-level advice on all aspects of construction business at domestic and international level. The department advises domestic and international clients, including major constructors, multinational and listed companies, brokerage houses, public authorities, investment and real estate funds and institutional investors.
- We conducted, on behalf of JETAIR, a legal due diligence on the real estate assets owned by a hotel resort in Rhodes, Greece in light of the enforcement proceedings to be initiated by our client against the latter. We advised JETAIR on all ownership rights, liens and encumbrances existing on the property assets and highlighted all potential red flags that could weaken the client’s claims throughout the enforcement procedure.
- We assist US developer CLEANEARTH CAPITAL with respect to the construction of an additional residential area of 29,000 sqm as part of a €165 million real estate project in Nis, Serbia. The deal requires cross-border and multidisciplinary experience, as French and Serbian jurisdictions are involved, as well as elaborate structuring in order to ensure comfort for our client, while complying with US extraterritorial provisions (our client is a US company).
- We advise a US investor in a €3 million investment related to the purchase and operation of a real estate in Greece comprising an olive oil factory. A significant part of the deal involves the due diligence on the real estate and the owners’ corporate assets, drafting of all the necessary memoranda of understanding and sale and purchase agreements, as well as the observance of a series of corporate formalities in order to effectuate the sale and purchase of the real estate.
- We advised a Qatari investor on the purchase of a residential real estate property in Glyfada. The scope of work included conducting due diligence on the real estate and negotiating the terms of the sale and purchase agreement in a €1 million transaction.
- We advised a Saudi Arabian investor on the €1,3 million purchase of a real estate property in the centre of Athens through the incorporation of a Cyrpiot company. The deal involved also the set-up of a Greek branch of the company, the provision of advice on the resolutions required for the lawful representation of the client, as well as the conduct of a due diligence on the property, the drafting of the respective sale and purchase agreement and negotiation of the terms thereof.
- We represented and assisted EMV-UTIL with respect to the negotiations, drafting and performance of all procedures for partially funding and finalizing the acquisition of Romanian real estate assets located in the west part of Romania.
- We advised AIM-listed SECURE PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT & INVESTMENT (SPDI) with respect to the corporate matters arising out of their shares sale and purchase and loan assignment agreement with a Luxembourgish seller for the total equity in a Cypriot company, owning a major real estate asset in Craiova, Romania.
- We conducted, on behalf of REGENCY GROUP, a legal due diligence on the real estate assets owned by a Romanian company. We advised the client on all ownership rights, liens and encumbrances existing on the corporate assets of the company and highlighted all potential red flags that could weaken the client’s position since the company was under bankruptcy.
- We advise DIMITRIA REAL ESTATE SRL on their joint venture with DAFPRIO INVESTMENT SRL for the €7 million acquisition, design, construction and sale of eight buildings in the north part of Bucharest.
- We advised DAY GROUP with respect to the acquisition of plots as well as the construction and sales of 60 new luxury apartments in the center of Bucharest.
- We represented FRANKE in the negotiations with the National Road Company in relation to an expropriation for the road ring of Bucharest.
- We advised RECKITT BENCKISER (RB) on a real estate dispute against the Greek State and several individuals over the property rights of a plot in the region of Evia. The case involved conducting due diligence on the plot, filing lawsuits before the competent courts and the Land Registry Dispute Resolution Committees and considering the possibility of the plot having been classified as a “forest land”.
- We represented GREENLAKE DEVELOPMENT in all aspects related to –possibly- the most prestigious and certainly one of the largest current residential construction project at over €150 million in the city of Bucharest, Green Lake Residences.
- We advised SIDEROM STEEL in a complicated real estate matter concerning the pre-acquisition phase of a a logistics park of more than 20 hectars, including several plots to be joined.