Our Employment department provides legal advice on complex legal and practical issues arising out of employment, including, inter alia, employment litigation and dispute resolution, advising on breach of contract, unfair dismissal, code of conduct, discrimination and equal pay issues, reviewing internal policies and procedures to ensure they align with applicable legislation and business objectives, drafting employment contracts between companies and senior executives, providing assistance on international assignments and data protection regulatory compliance issues, advising on tax, corporate and regulatory employment related issues, advising on occupational health and safety issues and regulations and providing advice on remuneration, superannuation and pension arrangements.
The department advises domestic and international clients, including multinational and listed companies, operating in industries as diverse as the pharmaceutical, health and care, manufacturing and engineering, food and beverages, TMT and financial services sectors.
- We advised and represented RECKITT BENCKISER (RB) in a series of trials related to alleged unfair dismissals.
- We advised TUI TRAVEL with respect to employment and recruiting matters related to health and safety policies, including water safety and pool emergency practices.
- We advised GTECH in a series of employment matters and draft template employment agreements for their hires in management positions addressing issues related to taxation, remuneration objectives and social security benefits.
- We advised METEOGROUP, an international weather business, on an employment matter with respect to the legal requirements on recruiting an employee in Greece.
- We advised COCA COLA ROMANIA with respect to the termination of a personnel supply and employment service provision agreement.
- We advise and assist RECKITT BENCKISER (RB) in a series of employment matters with respect to annual. trainings, inter alia, on sensitive-data protection, anti-bribery and competition policies.
- We advised MEDNET with respect to a series of employment matters arising out of health insurance complaints made by the client’s employees, as well as with respect to the processing of sensitive personal data and the drafting of employment and internal policies protocols.
- We advised ICME ECAB on a series of dismissals and collective redundancy assessments, successfully representing them in court against former employees’ claims on work reintegration. The case required careful handling in order to best assess the particulars of each matter and propose efficient labor schemes securing the client’s best interests and management efficacy.
- We advised INTRACOM with respect to the implementation of redundancy policies and employment restructuring schemes, addressing potential red flags and providing risk assessments on reintegration mechanisms.
- We advised BENEFIT SYSTEMS SA, which recently established a subsidiary in Greece, in a series of employment matters and draft employment agreements for their hires in managerial positions.